
(Here we set up camp, to wait 4 hours. Notice my mountain of luggage and the DVD player entertaining Brenna.)
Cannon entertained himself by banging on the window disrupting the smokers. It was actually really funny.
Long story short: We 'missed' our flight (actually arrived in time to make it, but wasn't at the counter at the mandatory 45 minute check-in...I mean, you would think since we made it to the line to check in before the 45 minute mandatory check-in, we would be ok...) I had to sit at the airport by myself with 2 kids, 2 large suitcases, 2 car-seats, a diaper bag, and a stroller for 6 hours. Did I mention that all the Frontier personel at the OKC airport were absolutely horrible!?!? And I couldn't check-in or go through security until 3 hours before, so I had to haul all of my luggage around for every bathroom trip, and couldn't go through security to the restaurant parts of the airport. Thank goodness for my mother-in-law who rescued me with a sack lunch, a car to sit in and cry, and a little support! Thank goodness I have amazingly well behaved and mellow kids, even though I allowed Cannon to crawl himself filthy all over the airport floor. Thank goodness I was smart and didn't pay the $100 extra to "reserve" a seat on the later flight, because I got on waiting stand-by. Thank goodness we made it to Utah safely!
3 comments:
That is aweful i can't believe they didn't take pitty on you since you were all alone with 2 kids. You are amazing to be able to survive that all alone. That is why I hate flying.
please listen to me. this exact thing happened to kelly when he was trying to come to idaho. except without the kids of course. but seriously he was ON TIME to the airport and they wouldn't let him or 20 other people on the plane. it was awful for him. i can't believe what it was like for you. i'm so sorry!
ps love all the other pics from your trip!
Man, that is rough! I'm glad you were able to get on the afternoon flight though. Sounds like it was a fun trip - despite the not so great start of it.
Post a Comment