Of course we've read the Twilight series. Of course we are fans. Of course we are excited about the latest and last installment, Breaking Dawn. I didn't know there were people beyond excited. Fanatical? Frenzied? Insane?
We first started our journey at Best in Books, a small book store here in Edmond. They had a launch party before the midnight release, we arrived close to 12am. They were already sold out, and taking orders. We continued on our quest.
We were hesitant, knowing it would be mayhem, but Barnes and Noble seemed the most likely bookstore to have enough copies. When we walked in, there were hundreds of crazed teens, in what looked like mass chaos. In the chaos we didn't notice everyone was wearing wrist bands, until we approached the counter and they asked for the wrist band. We were then directed to Customer Serice, who after they gave us #497 and #498 wristbands, only had 2 more! Phew! They were calling in groups of 50, "300-350 please come up to the front. 300-350 please come up to the front!"
We parked our tired and old (comparatively!) behinds in two soft chairs to review the 3rd book, Eclipse. We were accompanied by two young women, probably 16 years old, one dressed in an evening gown and bright red lipstick. I even saw girls with drawn-in bite marks.
We also adorned ourselves with stickers that read, " Bella and Edward forever", "I was bit by Breaking Dawn", etc. After taking this picture, I laughed so hard I was crying. It was hilarious we were even apart of this, with our husbands and kids at home in bed, where we really should be. 
Surprisingly, the wait was no more than a half an hour. The chaos was actually organized and efficient. Once they called your group of numbers (which we were in the last), you waited 5 minutes, were directed to the check-out counter, where an already bagged Breaking Dawn book was waiting in a mountain of books, quickly paid, and were sent on your way. We were excited to start our read (I actually started reading that night until about 1:30am!)
Update: I am currently on page 493, reading mostly at night. My kids are not condusive to a reading-appropriate environment! Any suggestions?
3 comments:
I just finished within the last hour! SO GOOD!
looking forward to when you've read the entire book...too cute of pictures as you and Wendy waited.
You are crazy!!!! But it sounds like something I would do, too!!
Post a Comment