Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Very Happy Day!

The day started out with Brenna wanting to give me a present. She locked herself in her room for about 20 minutes, then came out with a home-made gift!
She had taken two wheels from a lego set, put it imbetween 2 coloring pages, then scotch taped the edges together, until it was completely sealed! How creative is she? She was very excited for me to open her present. Then I had a typical day of piano lessons, cleaning and laundry. (We are preparing to go to Nauvoo, Illinois with our ward's youth conference!) Then, after Ryan got home from working and interviews, we left the kids with his sister Heather, and went to the Melting Pot! It is a very fancy-schmancy fondue restaurant in downtown Oklahoma City. We had been for dessert before, but we wanted the full experience. It starts with a choice of Cheese Fondue to dip breads and veggies (we chose Spinach Artichoke! yum!) Then your choice of salads. Then comes the meat/seafood/veggie platter. It had a variety of veggies, and also filet mignon, salmon, Ribeye, chicken, and shrimp. You cooked them in a flavorful broth, and had a variety of dipping sauces. Then came the chocolate course!

We chose a milk chocolate, peanut butter dipping sauce. It was to die for!
We practically licked the bowl clean!
It was the best meal, and the best company. I absolutely love eating dinner and not feeling rushed. It was a 4 course meal, and you take your time to eat and talk. We needed a relaxing evening.

It was a fabulous birthday, and I know that this is a great start to another great year!

9 comments:

Alona said...

I love the melting pot! We were just there a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad your birthday was great!

Shanna said...

I love the melting pot! I have to beg my husband to take me when ever he is home and we have a date night! yummy! Looks like so much fun. Also I thought Brenna's gift to you was so sweet and so thoughtful. My fridge and back of my bedroom door is covered with all of Kesley's drawings ! I don't have the heart to throw any of them away! Brenna is a doll!

Shanna said...

Oh ya and Happy birthday!!!

The Confer Family said...

What a great way to celebrate. We love the Melting Pot. I hope Ryan's interviews went well. Good luck with Youth Conference. I wish I was going. I have never been to Nauvoo. I can't wait for all the stories.

Rachel and Todd said...

Awesome day, and cute pictures! You guys are still a gorgeous couple. Sheesh. That's so sweet of Brenna--she's so thoughtful!

Rachelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! sorry i didn't call, i'm a bad friend. love you sarah!

The High Family- said...

I love that you got a night away and it looks like you had some really yummy food. Happy late birthday!!

Frampton Family said...

Aww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have never been to the melting pot. But after seeing these pics, I am convinced I need to go when we get back. Though, Switzerland is known for their cheese and meat fondue. They just don't really have the good kind(chocolate). Glad to hear your family made this a special day for you.

jeanine said...

Happy Birthday!