Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Battle wound

Can you see the soccer wound? Our last soccer game was BRUTAL! I sacrificed my 5 foot body at the alter of the soccer gods, and it was in vain. We did lose. My first hit was defending the goal, and the ball hit my left leg just below the knee. I shook it off, and kept playing. My next big hit was the cause of this bruise. It was a great block...but I was ready to take a break in the box. Oh wait! There weren't any girl subs, so I had to keep playing! Then the final major hit was in the middle of my stomach, just below my ribs. I felt like one of those circus freaks who absorb a cannon ball in their round belly...minus the round belly and the handle-bar mustache! Yet, despite our teams best efforts, we did lose. Better luck next week!
(p.s. the picture doesn't even begin to highlight the different shades of blue, purple and green that color my thigh! It looks HORRIBLE!)

1 comment:

Shawna said...

it's a badge of honor, or a precious souvenir.  Good for you for taking a picture - now it can last *forever*!