Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I am very blessed to have many amazing father's in my life. First is my dad. He is one of a kind. I can honestly say, "My dad is smarter than your dad" and believe it! He is a strong, smart, spiritual, and generous man. I think he was the dad I needed to have to get me where I am today. Next is my grandpas. I was lucky to have two special grandpas. My grandpa Shanley was the quiet and sweet grandpa who would take us on rides in the red wagon around the block. Although he was a man of few words, he was determined and extremely hard working. I loved visiting them in Salt Lake while I was growing up, and have many memories building with Lincoln logs in his basement. My grandpa Cameron is a spiritual giant. He has led an amazing life, and has been an example to ALL of his very large family and many others all over the world. I hope I lead as full a life as he has. Next is my father-in-law. You hear horror stories of in-laws, but none apply to mine! He is generous of his time, substance, knowledge and testimony. He has to keep himself busy, yet teases me for doing the same! He has raised an amazing family, and continues to work to keeping those ties strong. Last, but definitely not least, is my favorite daddy of all....

Ryan. He is a natural father. He was born to be a dad. His ease around kids of all ages is apparent. He gets down and plays with them, makes the smallest, most-mundane events spectacular. He leads with love, and rarely looses his cool. I can not put into words how grateful I am that our kids have such an amazing dad.
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

I'm pleased your children have such great parents! Thanks for doing this blog. Grandma Gene