I love politics. I love history. And this political year is making history, so I am thoroughly enjoying myself. But this isn't a love-fest. It is a love-hate relationship. I love the excitement, yet hate the hype. I love the debate, yet hate the mud-slinging. I love progress and change, yet hate sloagans. I love the political process, yet hate politicians! So let's start with the latest:
Look who's cackling now?

Definitely not Hillary. Poor gal. As Father Pfleger put it, "[She's] white! [She's] entitled!" I disagree with him on one of those points, she wasn't entitled because she's white. She was entitled because she's a Clinton. How did the Clinton's fall from Democratic Royalty? It is beyond me. Will she be Vice President? Are you kidding? I don't think this woman could ever take a back seat. She is a driver. Where is her campaign bus going next, who knows. Next up,

The first Black Super-Hero!
(until Hancock arrives in theaters! And I can not wait!)
For those of you who don't know, according to Barack Obama's website, he has found the alternative fuel! Step aside Al Gore, Obama isn't just complaining about CO2 emissions and driving a Prius, he solved the problem! His campaign is solely "powered by hope"! Hope and Change are powerful ideas, especially when you are in a position to make change. For example, a Senator. When you are a Senator, you have 6 years to make changes in the country. Granted, he's only been a Senator for 4 years...and 1 1/2 years of that have been campaigning for President. But when there are important issues, such as the Energy Act of 2007 or the Iraq Withdrawl Ammendment, he let's his voice be heard! Right!? Check his track record, and it is full of NV. (Which means, No Vote). Interesting. And our final candidate,
Awkward. Very awkward.
What I find absolutely HILARIOUS is about a year ago, when the Republican party was a rat-race for the White House, the media questioned whether the "Republican Maverick" could ever get the nomination. He was aboard the "Straight Talk Express" and the media was ALL-ABOARD!! He was the Republican Candidate furthest from a Bush-follower. He was practically a democrat! Yet now, the media has grouped Bush and McCain together. They are practically on the same ticket, right ladies at the View? Very interesting that no matter who the Republicans have, they are never "liberal" enough.
So what do you do? Who do you vote for?
7 comments:
I enjoy tracking politics too, so it was fun to read your post. John McCain invited Romney over recently with some other potential running-mates. How would a Romney V.P. affect your vote?
I just say we write in Ron Paul instead of voting for what we have as mainstream party candidates. Then again, I would like for my vote to count for something.
LOVED this post. Very well written and fun to read. I agree, I agree, I agree. Thats all I can say.
I LOVE you polical commentary - you could have your own SHOW, well, you kind of do ...
-your loyal blog fan
I've enjoyed following the race too... although I've been a little burned out lately with the Dem. race. Thank goodness that's over! If Romney were VP to McCain I'd totally vote for them.
I have never followed politics til this year. Jared is totally into it this time around. I personal wnant to vot e for Bob Barr. CHeck him out see what you think. I along with Glenn Beck love his views and He actually has ideas on how to fix things instead of just saying he can without letting us the people know what that plan is.
Hi Guys!
We loved reading this blog post -- Matt asserts that the hilarious photo you found and aptly described as "akward" is not in fact John McCain, but rather some old man that loves Bush -- Matt maintains that John McCain just wouldn't do that and "the guy's head looks different." When I reminded him that the Secret Service would never let some random old man do "that" (hug? cling to? drape himself upon? -- how would one describe that akward gesture?) he laughed but could not concede the point, reiterating that "the guy's head looks different".
Can you set the record straight? :)
Thanks! We love you!
Jess (and Matt)
I just found the "awkward" picture by googling McCain. It is on several websites, and other pictures taken with them together, and McCain is wearing the same outfit. So I hate to say it, but I think you're right Jessica! Rub it in for me ok?
Post a Comment