Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fun Birthday!

We spent the afternoon yesterday at a friend's birthday party at Incredible Pizza. It was an impromptu decision that we are grateful we jumped into! We had a BLAST!
Brenna was almost handicapped by all the fun decisions she could make. Pizza or spaghetti? Cookie or cake?
Rocket-ship or Train? And being the typically limiting mom that I am, it would have been very natural to reign her in.
But, I let her run wild!
(As much as my little Brenna allows herself, she is very limiting by nature as well!)

I don't think I have laughed this hard over something so silly in long time. I don't think I have gone full 2-3 hours without thinking about jobs, finances, or our current situation for about 2 months. I don't think I have felt so uncomfortably full since Thanksgiving! I don't know the last time I completely enjoyed chaos! It was a fabulous break from the routine.

4 comments:

The High Family- said...

Every mom needs that time to just step away from real life and have a break. I am glad that you got one. Your kids are getting super big. I remember when Brenna was born and now she is the little lady. Time goes by way to fast!!

Wendy said...

Glad you had this day . . . and that you fondly remember snarfing my FABULOUS gourmet cooking at Thanksgiving! : ) Love ya!

Shanna said...

not fair! It looks a lot more fun tan chucky cheese! Glad you had a great day. Brenna is adorable. She is as cute as her name. She is totally a Brenna. What a sweet thing.

jeanine said...

Glad you had a good time. Incredible Pizza is CRAZY.