Friday, April 4, 2008

Theatre Buffs

In the past month, we have seen more musicals than ever before in our marriage! 2! We first saw the high school production of Beauty and the Beast. It was OUTSTANDING! A girl in a previous ward played Belle, and was brilliant. We brought the kids, and Brenna fell in love with everything encompassed in this event! She dressed up as Belle, and thought she was going to be on the stage, but decided she will wait till she knows "all the songs and all the words, and when she's older".
Then last night, Ryan and I went on a date, to see another high school production, but of Les Miserables. This my absolute favorite musical by a mile. We sang a Les Mis medley in my high school choir, and that is when I fell in love. I love the book, the songs, and even a high school production of it! And this time, it was DATE! No kids. Just Ryan and I, sitting in the dark, giggling to ourselves when wigs would fall off, or mics coming on at odd times, etc. But for a high school production, I was impressed. We even ran into Ryan's good friend from high school. What a wonderful night!
***(My apologies to the grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, cousins, uncles, etc who only visit our blog to see pictures of the kiddos. I will add more later!)***

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

That sounds like fun. I love musicals and Ben even likes them too but we have never been to one... go figure!

Rachelle said...

glad you got to go on a date sarah! and i love the disclaimer at the bottom. :)