Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sunday, Aug 8

Took Ryan to the airport. Brenna gave a tearful goodbye. She was a little weepy all day. Actually, all week until Ryan returned. She is a DADDY'S GIRL! Cannon said every single night "I wanna go home!"

After I got the kids to bed, I had two of the three girls I grew up from the time we were about 3 years old, over for treats, games and conversation. Me, Andrea, Jarica and Catherine (not present) spent all of our childhood years together starting our own babysitters club, playing steal the flag in our cul-de-sac at night, climbing Grandma Wollenzein's cherry tree, watching Now and Then or Clue. It was so great to finally see Jarica after about 6 years, and meet her husband. And of course, we pulled out Master Detective Clue, one of our favorite's. What was so amazing was finding our old score cards, which had our 3rd grade cursive notes including one from Jarica that wrote, "I am suspicious of Catherine and Sarah. They are acting sneaky."
Wished Catherine could make it, we missed you!


1 comment:

Rachel and Todd said...

You know what I think? You, Andrea and Jarika look exactly the same, and I think if Catherine were there I could say the same about her. Your'e ageless!