The second part of my reunion was a dinner and entertainment at Timpview High School. It was so funny to walk back into the commons area, wished we could have been able to snoop around the whole building. But it was closed off.
Ryan was my arm candy, and he owned that!
When we sat down at our table, Ryan leaned over and asked, "Is everyone here Mormon?" After looking around, I said yes! It was a crazy feeling, coming back from Oklahoma. So during dinner we talked kids, moves, jobs, missions, etc. The entertainment was our class president, Clark Schmutz! He emceed the night, a class of 2000 quiz, an impromptu awards ceremony (where we almost won the couple married the longest!).
One great bonus was being there with my little sister! She married Todd, who was also in my class.
I wished we would have gotten a group photo of EVERYONE there, but this is less than half of those that were there. We lingered around catching up, sharing embarrassing stories, class pranks (which were many from our class! We were crazy!). It was such a BLAST!
These girls all went to Edgemont Elementary, I think K-6.
Another group shot. Not quite sure where to stand, and people wanted me to stand in front of them..... I don't shy from being center of attention, do I?
One of the hilarious highlights of the evening was the Ghost of Timpview Past, Mr. Watson. He literally appeared out of the darkness, as we were chatting and loading up all of the tables/decorations/etc. He was the infamous and Guiness World Record holder ceramics teacher. His records were the smallest pot and the most pots spun at the same time, three: one with each hand and then one with his feet. Yes, I witnessed that! But he appeared out of nowhere, spoke to us for about 2-3 minutes, took this picture, then disappeared back into the darkness. I couldn't stop laughing!
After all of the goodbyes, we hitched a ride with Andrea in her high school car, the red truck. As we were getting ready to pull out, we had another odd occurence, which we called the Ghost of Timpview Present. A guy I had a chemistry class with sophomore year (among other classes) pulled up, he wasn't at the reunion... just in the parking lot afterwards! After another awkward conversation with this Ghost, he left and we drove home. Passing a very futuristic car, which also pulled up to ours (we think they were students who were "cruising"). We came full circle with this Ghost of Timpview Future.
Our handsome hubbies took the back of the truck.
THS Alumni, see you again in 10 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment