Saturday, August 1, 2009

Last Day Pregnant

Friday, July 31 2009:

The morning began very early for me. Of course I had some difficulty sleeping, and I woke up around 4:30am, laid in bed till about 5:30am, and decided to finally get up and get something done. And, did I ever! I'm a list maker, and I had a list with about 20 "to-do items", and by the time Brenna woke up around 7:30 I had crossed off about 7 things! Brenna suggested getting donuts for breakfast, and seemed genuinely surprised when I agreed! So by the time Cannon and Ryan woke up, we had Daylight Donuts, scrambled eggs and sausage ready! It was yummy!

After breakfast, we had arranged for a babysitter to watch the kids while we went on our last "date" to see the new Harry Potter movie (which we loved!) and run some last minute errunds. Afterwards, I made my way to the hospital to get my 2nd round of steriod shots (to help with the babies lung development) and to be monitored. We then ran a few errunds, took the kids to their favorite park and enjoyed the low 80 degree weather, then headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's. It is such a relief to have them available to help, and that the kids feel like it is their 2nd home (especially since the A/C incident!). We put them to bed, headed home to finish up the house projects, and crawled into bed around 11:30pm. We were exhausted.

Front side Mug Shot:

Do I look pregnant from the front? I try to convince myself I don't look that pregnant from the front or behind. I know, vain hope, right?

Although I am very very ready to meet Brooklyn, dliever the baby, and get started on making my body more healthy; it is somewhat bittersweet to know it was my last day pregnant. No matter how uncomfortable, exhausting, or at times painful it has been, I really have tried to enjoy every single day of this pregnancy. Some more than others!

5 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Yeah!! Glad we went to see you last night before the big day! No more big belly! Can wait to meet her!!

Tori Orgill said...

i am sooooo excited for you guys and can't wait to meet that beautiful little girl!

jeanine said...

You really don't look that pregnant from the front! Can't wait to see your new little one!

Robyn said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever!! I can't wait to meet your sweet baby girl!!

Wendy said...

Cute! Glad you had a fun day. The girls are interested in why you called it a "mug shot" and if there was more to this last day than you are letting on! : )