Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Doesn't she look like Little Red Riding Hood? It was pouring rain this morning, so Brenna had her trusty rain jacket!
All three kids. It was a little exhausting loading up all three kids, walking Brenna to her classroom while wrangling Cannon and carrying Brooklyn's car seat. Yet, I am so glad I was there to snap the following pictures.
Brenna outside her new classroom!

She was so proud she found her name to hang her book bag underneath.

And all the kids sat at separate stations, which had their name tags laid out. Brenna was a little disappointed she wasn't at the same station as her cousin, Lily (who is in the same class as her!) But at her station was a little 5 year old boy who had 2 earrings in one ear! In Kindergarten! Crazy.

Brenna sitting on the Alphabet mat. This is where they waved their final goodbyes to the moms and dads. I did see a few tears, but not from Brenna! Good job, big girl! And I didn't cry. Which is shocking, considering all of the fresh emotions I've been having since Brooklyn was born. We were both brave!

Leif did a great job keeping Cannon in check! Actually, we asked them to hold hands, and they had to hold hands for the entire walk out to the cars. It was really cute!

5 comments:

jeanine said...

She does look like red riding hood!
You were both so brave! I took William to his first day of pre-k today. I almost cried but I didn't!

Tori Orgill said...

She looks soooo big! I can't believe you didn't cry. I BAWLED (like the embarrasing ugly cry...but not in front of Ellen...in the car). I just can't believe how BIG our girls are! Holy moly!

Rachelle said...

are you kidding me??!? how is she in kindergarten already? really, how?

she looks cute - glad she had a good day.

how are you feeling?

annie said...

I second Rachelle's thoughts--I cannot believe Brenna is in kindergarten. She is such a big girl!

Your little Brooklyn is adorable. Congratulations!

How's it going with 3? Our 3rd is due in Feb. and I am a bit nervous about it.

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Wow, I am so thankful you do these blogs....such a cute family and we love all three babies. Thanks to Grandma Cannon from us too.