We arrived at the hospital at 6:30am, only to find out that our doctor had 2 emergency c-sections that bumped us back further. But we enjoyed the quiet time!
This was just before they wheeled me into the operating room. Even though I've had two previously, I was still nervous. Especially for the spinal, because last time it took them about 30 minutes and a dozen different tries to get it in. Although it took him quite a while to get it in the right spot, this time was MUCH better! 
You can see the blue sterilization curtain, which Ryan has to stay behind. While he was video taping it, I asked him if he would turn the camera's screen down so I could see what he was seeing. So I got to watch baby Brooklyn be born. It was the neatest thing to watch.
She was officially born at 11:14am, and the real shocker came when they weighed her! Brenna weighed 6lbs 14oz and was two days over her due date. Cannon weighed 5lbs 12oz, and was 4 weeks early. Brooklyn weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 2 weeks early! I actually passed the 7 pound threshold!
The rest of the c-section went well, and Ryan was able to hold her while they finished up. She was absolutely perfect! A couple hours later, Grandma and Grandpa brought Brenna and Cannon up to meet their little sister. It was very sweet to watch how careful and soft Cannon was with her. We sang Happy Birthday to her.
She was officially born at 11:14am, and the real shocker came when they weighed her! Brenna weighed 6lbs 14oz and was two days over her due date. Cannon weighed 5lbs 12oz, and was 4 weeks early. Brooklyn weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 2 weeks early! I actually passed the 7 pound threshold!
The rest of the c-section went well, and Ryan was able to hold her while they finished up. She was absolutely perfect! A couple hours later, Grandma and Grandpa brought Brenna and Cannon up to meet their little sister. It was very sweet to watch how careful and soft Cannon was with her. We sang Happy Birthday to her. 



5 comments:
that is so cute that Brooklyn came bearing gifts! What a wonderful way to introduce her. The kids look so cute together! You are such an awesome mama! Can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations!! Brooklyn is beautiful!! Gorgeous family!:)
WELCOME HOME WELCOME HOME!!!! Have fun with your mom... relax... rest... and try not to think.. I know how your mind works! :)
So glad that everything went well! C-section stories are pretty uneventful (especially compared to some of my friend's horror stories!). I was nervous with Alex's c-section too even though I'd already had two!
Yay she is here safely and so beautiful!
Post a Comment