
Sunday was a beautiful day outside. When we left for Church, our neighborhood girls were playing in our neighbors yard. When we arrived home from Church, they will still playing out there. Of course Brenna asked if she could go play with them. We reminded her of our family rule that Sunday is a family day, and we don't play with friends on Sunday. She decided to play in our back yard instead. Soon after we walked in the house, there was a knock at the door. It was the neighborhood girls, wanting Brenna to come play. We explained the same rule to them. They said ok, and left. Or so we thought! A few minutes later, I heard them in our backyard. Brenna came in the door, and I asked her who was back there. She said, "Emily and Alex. They still want to play." And I asked, "Brenna, what is our rule?" She said, "Not to play with friends on Sunday." I told her she needed to tell them that she can not play today. So she marched out there and said, "Girls. I can't play today." I could hear the faint reply, "we're just playing in your backyard." And Brenna said trying to imitate a mom's voice, "Get out of my yard! I can't play!" And they left! I was so proud this little 5 year old was standing up for what we believe and practice to 9 year olds! We'll see if they come around to play again....
1 comment:
Doesn't that make you so proud!?
Post a Comment