Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mental Mom Moment

I have had some issues. Parenting issues. Do you ever have a moment when you feel yourself snapping? It is really funny in hind-sight, but definitely not a laughing matter at the time. Without incriminating my daughter, we've had a few reoccuring issues with making the same bad choices. We tried giving her a stern talk, the naughty corner, no play-dates or tv shows, almost anything we could think of. And it didn't seem to make any sort of impact. One very long and exhausting day, and I had had enough. I informed Brenna that I was cleaning out all, ALL, of her toys from her room. And I did. It looked like we had moved! And it was very traumatic for her. I do have to say though, that we haven't had the same issues since, and she has earned back all of her toys. Sometimes our moments of crazy as parents actually gets the results we are looking for! I am putting away the crazy for now, and hopefully she won't return for a long time!

What are your mental mom moments?

No comments: