Thursday, April 2, 2009

A snowy weekend




I was surprised to see in our forecast a snowstorm arriving the last weekend in March. But since I love the cold, I wasn't like the rest of the Oklahoma population who was upset it was arriving. The weathermen in Oklahoma have tornado prediction down to an art. This psyche does not translate into predicting "Winter Weather". They warned us that we will receive at least 3-6 inches. We maybe received an inch, and it only lasted one day. But in that one day, the kids enjoyed themselves! Brenna made a bowl full of snowballs, Cannon collected snow on his shoes, which slowed him down and of course made him unhappy, and Cupcake ate all the snow she could stand before the shakes would set in! But it was nice to have an excuse to stay in over the weekend!
We stayed in, but Ryan competed in an indoor Sprint Triathalon. I don't know all the distances of the swim, run and bike, but he placed first in the "Beginner Division". He has worked hard to get there, and I think it has had great affects on his physique! Woo-hoo! What he's losing, I'm gaining...it's not fair! But he did a great job!

1 comment:

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Love these posts...love your children!