Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ready for summer!

Yesterday we had a GREAT day swimming and BBQ-ing at a friends house. This picture makes me giggle! This is Cannon's uniform while swimming: arm floaties, a flotation swim suit a few sizes too small, and he discovered goggles. Although, he only kept the googles on for a few jumps.

He was definitely the smallest diver, and would even try to "dive" in, with his arms over his head. I even tried a few back flips and front flips off the diving board! I was happily surprised that I could still do it!

Brenna was cautiously wading the shallow end at the stairs. At one point, I probably interrupted the relaxed atmosphere by attempting to give her a mini-swim lesson. Our host also graciously tried. But in both instances, she started screaming like she was already drowning. We need to call a professional! However, she is content in staying in her comfort zone. And had a good time doing so (in between "lessons"!)
Brooklyn loved her new infant inner tube with canopy. And happily splashed and kicked for a couple hours! And then went down easily for an afternoon nap, while we continued to play. She was GREAT! I couldn't think of a better way to start a fun summer. And we are always grateful for generous friends with pools!

2 comments:

A and N said...

This looks like a blast! How has the weather been done in OK? I cannot believe how much more humid St Louis is over Louisville! It's been great catching up on all your fun things!

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Looks like a fun summer in the sun...enjoy and be patient! Love you.