Our big trips this summer are to visit family. This weekend we leave to a Bushman Family reunion in Wisconsin. We are SO excited! We are stopping halfway in Nauvoo, and seeing as much as we can in about a day, then continuing on up to a YMCA camp! We are staying in a lodge with 4 bedrooms with 8 beds each, 14 kids, 5 moms, 5 dads, and a set of grandparents! Besides the obvious sleep deprivation, it is going to be a blast! I love seeing Ryan with all of his siblings, the game playing, the endless teasing, the same stories on a loop that still make you laugh... well, most of them... And the food is provided! Woo-hoo!
Then in August, we are driving out to Utah for my 10 year high school reunion and to spend some time with my family. I am VERY excited! It has been almost 2 years since I've been back. The high school reunion will be interesting. I'm not nervous to see anyone at all. I'm more nervous that I will be disappointed in myself. Let me explain. I was a very different person in high school, which I hope most of us can say that! I was very self-conscious, sensitive, easily offended, hesitant to put myself out there, affected by the social classes and SO wanted to feel included. Now, I don't care, I am who I am, and proud of it! I am much more alive now. I loved most of high school, the true friends I made, teachers I had, and how I grew. Yet, I worry that when I am thrown back into an environment with people I haven't seen since this Great Awakening, I will fall back into my old ways and mentality. Resulting in being disappointed with myself. It will be a very interesting experiment. I am spending the rest of the time there with my family. We are even going to Las Vegas to see my grandparents and extended family. What a busy summer, and lots of miles traveled to see family! But it will be great fun!
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun in store. We always stay at a YMCA camp for family reunions (in Colorado) and it's a blast!
And I've always wondered the same thing about being thrown back in with the old high school crowd. I didn't go to my reunion... so I'll be interested to see how your experiment goes!
I wish you guys could stop here in St Louis! We would love to see you! It sounds like a lot of fun though. Alan has already started school, and I not in any condition to travel right now (won't be for a couple more months at that!) Enjoy all that family time though. I really wish we could do things like that! I'm hoping in the near future to be able to take trips!
Post a Comment