I was asking for it. I should have known! Writing about my home, which I love, inevitably jinxed me! Last night Oklahoma had a huge wind storm. It woke me up arond 1:30am, because our windows were open. (By the way, I love the "windows-open" spring weather!) Sure enough, the powerful and LOUD wind from last night, blew over our already leaning fence. I knew it was coming. Our poor old fence is just that, poor and old! So our already booked Saturday Projects have been bumped, to make room for the extremely intensive project of putting in a new fence. We figure it will be about $360 for that side of our backyard, or about $675 for the whole thing (which will need to be replaced soon). This is if we do it ourselves. I'm hoping that our neighbors will go halfsies with us, which I'm sure they will.

And along with the Oklahoma winds, spring brought in ants. They drive me NUTS! I think they took advantage of our open windows, and snuck in during the night. I hadn't seen one before this morning, then our floor and door was covered in ants! I definitely took care of the invaders...with vengence! I doubt they will dare creep in again. Oh the joys of home-ownership!
2 comments:
Your whole fence for that price? How in the world. We have to pay 1000 to replace ours!! YUCK!!
Ryan is cheap labor. That side of our fence turned out to be around $450. Then we split the cost with our neighbor. So considering everything, it was a pretty sweet deal!
Post a Comment