Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Latest Project

One of our first furniture purchases after we were married was a kitchen table and 4 chairs. The company was going out of business, and we got a great deal. 2 kids, 3 moves, and 7 years later, the clean white fabric covering the cushion on the chairs was disgusting! I have planned on recovering them for quite some time, but never found the right fabric or the time. But I am hosting a book club at our house on Tuesday (we read "The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas", I highly recommend it!) and I need some presentable seating. So I finally forced myself to do it.

Here is a before:
Here is the after:

The green in the fabric matches the walls of our kitchen. And I love the bright colors. I am extremely happy with the end results! Yeah, inexpensive fixes!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Love it! and that is totally the way I am with projects--it's really hard to start, but once I do I'm so happy and think, "Why did it take me so long to do that?"

Becky said...

How cute!! Plus it will hide grubby fingers. lol

Nothing like friends coming over to make you do the things you've put off... :o)

Alona said...

What a great skill to have! Nice work!

Johnson Family said...

Love it! Good job.