Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dad's Day

Brenna had been talking about this day for a very, very, very, very long time. She was so excited that her dad was coming to school with her. She picked out a special outfit. It had to be a cute dress but one she could play on the playground in. Nothing too fancy. She kept telling me "secrets" of what songs they will sing, or what the treat is going to be. I am so glad Ryan could take the time off work (from 9am to 11am) to go. That is a hard time block to take out of a work day.

The secret treat was icecream. And I guess they made it while the dads were there by putting the ingredients in an empty coffee canister and aggitating it by rolling it back and forth between them. Of course Ryan eventually used his feet to kick the can around!
From what Brenna and Ryan said, it actually tasted pretty good! If you can taste the icecream through the sprinkles and whipped cream!


Brenna is definitely a daddy's girl. She can't wait till he comes home from work. And yesterday was a CRAZY day. I don't think I sat down until I climbed into bed. But the minute Ryan got home from work, he was in the backyard working on the fence. Brenna had to eat dinner and get ready for bed, while Dad was still outside working. She said several times yesterday and today, "I wished I could have spent some time with Dad yesterday". Today and tomorrow don't look anymore promising. But I'm glad she loves spending so much time with him.

No comments: