Sunday, September 21, 2008
A most enjoyable sabbath...
After a long and wonderful day at Church, we ate some lunch, Ryan settled into a nap on the couch, Cannon in his room, which left me and Brenna. This past week was the Parade of Homes in our area, a week long event I love! I have no clue why I enjoy walking through homes that are ridiculously priced, extravagently decorated, and in most cases, no where I would live. Especially knowing that in about 6 months these homes will most likely be $25,000 less. With all of that rationale put aside, I completely enjoy it. Anyhoo, I have spent the entire past week home with the kids (or piano students) and needed a little venture. Brenna also shares my affinity for home hunts, and so she tagged along. It was hilarious listening to her comments as we would walk through the craziest houses! There was one that was decorated in a Moulin Rouge motif, florescent pink ceilings, purple walls and crystal chandelliers everywhere, and she squealed: "PINK!?!? I LOVE this house! Can this be our next house?" I did get some great decorating ideas...(not from that house!) and have noticed I like certain builders. But, it was a fun bonding time for me and Brenna. (Does this qualify as breaking the Sabbath?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to tour of homes and open houses. My mom and I used to go togethger on Sundays all the time as a kid. I love idea seeking too!
so, oklahoma has issued interviews, but Cole hasn't gotten invited there . . . not sure if there is much of a chance for getting one there anymore - still keeping my fingers crossed though. He's gotten several other interviews so we're happy about that.
Post a Comment