I was officially tagged by a good friend, Gale. If you want great book or movie referrals, go to her blog! She's got great taste! Here's my attempt:
Top 5 Favorite Books
1. (most recent) Twilight. I finally gave in. I thought, vampires, high school, romantic novel, can't be good! Oh, I was so wrong. I've already looked into the movie to see who is playing Edward. For Harry Potter fans, the actor who plays Cedric Diggory, is cast as Edward. Now I need to read New Moon.
2. Animal Farm. I love books with an unspoken subtext. Where it is an enjoyable book on the surface, but if you get it, it is interesting, thought-provoking, and sometimes haunting. This book is great, and I love George Orwell for "getting-it" so long ago.
3. No One Can Take Your Place. Sheri Dew. Great, motivational, and smart. I don't like fluffy gospel books, and Sherri Dew gives you meat.
4. To Kill a Mocking Bird. Classic. Need I say more?
Instead of putting in a 5th, I will put a book I want to read (after I cruise through the rest of the Twilight series) comes highly recommended, and I've heard from several people I need to read it. I'll let you know!
1. The Red Tent
Top 5 Movies
1. Home Videos! I LOVE watching home videos. I love watching our wedding video and my sister's wedding video. I am not a narcisist, I get very uncomfortable when I am on the video! I just love seeing how people grow and change.
2. The Muppets Christmas Carol. Whether it is the memories behind watching this, or the fun music, I love this movie! Christmas or not!
3. Stranger than Fiction. This movie was hilarious! I love Will Ferrell, especially when he isn't in those crazy character movies. Very different, and interesting movies.
4. Hate to admit it, Saving Private Ryan. Yes, I have seen ONE rated R movie...plus..a few! It is not a movie I frequently watch, actually have only seen it 2-3 times, but it's impact on me was huge. I love studying history, and after doing an interview with a WWII vet in college, this movie and the sacrifices of those who it portrays, hit on a deeper level.
5. The Notebook. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. And the chemistry these two have, phew! It's getting hot in here! It is believable, and not only shows immediate-romantic-lustful-love, but the long-lasting-forever-companionship love.
Top 5 songs on your ipod or MP3 player
Don't have one! So top 5 songs I get excited when they come on the radio!
1. 1,2,3,4 by Feist. It is on an Apple commercial, and we fell in love with it. It is a happy song, and I love "get-up-and-dance" happy songs.
2.
5 things you want to accomplish before you die
1. See a broadway production of Les Miserables.
2. Become fluent in a foreign language (preferrably spanish, so I can converse with Ryan!)
3. Go to law school.
4. Serve a mission with Ryan. I had always planned on serving a mission before I got married, but then I met Ryan, and the rest is history!
5. Travel! Travel! Travel! There are so many places I want to go, not for a "vacay" but to spend some real time there. One of the places has to be taking Ryan to a US World Cup game, not a qualifier, but an actual game in the world cup. Africa in 2010 anyone?
6. (I know it is only supposed to be 5, but I had to include this) Help Ryan achieve his dream job of opening an indoor soccer complex. He is one giant step away from getting there...one minor detail of finding the financing necessary. So if you know anyone who wants to make a lot of money fulfilling someones big dream, let us know!
I would love to hear from all those Gale tagged, and all those who read mine! (Ashley, Rachelle, Heather, Wendy, Sheena, Robyn, Alona, etc.)
4 comments:
I loved reading all these things about you. At my book birthday party someone gave me The Red Tent and I have yet to read it. I need to pull it out and go for it because people I admire keep recommending it.
Hey Sarah, it's Janene. . . you're favorite long lost roommate!! I found you through this crazy blogging web, and I am so happy I did!! Now I can keep up with you better. You're kids are adorable and I loved that video of Brenna playing the piano. . . just awesome!! You can see what we've been up to at http://thekaykrew.blogspot.com
We are so with you on the Africa in 2010!! And we are so keeping yall in our thoughts and prayers about the soccer complex!! We would love to see that dream come true for Ryan!!
I just heard about feist! I need to give her a listen. I'll work on that tag! Lance Call got home from his mission today. Check it out on my blog!
Post a Comment