Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SUPER Tuesday!

Today is the first day I am voting in a Primary. I have voted in the general elections, but the Primaries haven't interested me. This year is a different year. Before, almost any candidate on the republican side, seemed "OK". This year, different story. I am tired of candidates (both sides) pandering, selling their words for the masses. And some of the candidates are selling much more than their words. I do feel like I found the best pick for what I'm looking for. Although his "Ken-doll-like" image rubs me the wrong way, Mitt Romney seems to fit my criteria.

My criteria:
Strong on the economy. Recession, or no recession we need someone who knows what they're doing. He has turned around company after company, and the state of Massachusettes.
Strong values: Although I don't believe that Roe v. Wade will ever be overturned (which it should, it is a disgrace of a ruling, completely outside the bounds of the consitution) I want someone to put in conservative judges, who will make sure they follow the constitution, not pass their own legislation.
Work with both sides: The fact that he was elected a republican governor in a state that elected Ted Kennedy, speaks volumes. He was able to get work done with a highly democratic state.
Clean-up man: Although I somewhat-approve of the past 8 years, we need someone to clean up the image of a republican administration. If he can turn around the 2002 olympic catastrophe, he can turn around the image of a rep. administration.
I love politics, and studying thoroughly the issues. I also love a good debate. So share your opinions! Its great to hear!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

well i voted, i did my part! wonder who will actually be the candidates for president. go romney!

Bray said...

I can't even enjoy this election.....McCain?????? What is everyone thinking. I feel sick to my stomach. I am gearing up for a democrat in the white house....Romney can go in and clean up the mess in 4 years. He is very good at fixing things.

Rachelle said...

um...mccain also won in california. crap!

okbushmans said...

McCain=McCrappy. If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, I might consider switching sides....the thought gives me shivers...

Julie said...

I have similar thoughts...

I don't think I've ever considered NOT voting in a general election, but this year it's seriously on my mind. :(