Monday, February 4, 2008

Germs


We have been living in a sick house! First Brenna had the flu, then Cannon got the 24 hour stomach flu, and then it spread to me. Our home has become a petri dish for germs and sickness. Barely slept a wink last night imbetween trips to the bathroom, and felt the deprevation all day today. I was hoping for some peace and quiet, and once I got it, it was too quiet. My mother-in-law picked up Brenna today so I could recoup. For the first few hours, it was blissful! I took a nap, read, watched an uninterrupted episode of Law and Order, and tried to eat a fruit popsicle. Cannon is always low-maintenance, I have been so unoccupied I don't know how to handle it! And not only was it for today, but Brenna is having a sleepover at Grandma's. Which, she is so excited about. She informed them "I think I'm staying till Sunday". They have come to accept who is always in charge.
Funny story: When Brenna arrived at Grandma's, she was told she wasn't the only house guest. Ryan's cousin and her friend are staying with my in-laws, and one is sleeping in the toy room. So Grandma told Brenna not to go in the toy room, because a lady is staying in there. Brenna obeyed. After a long day of playing, she asked Grandma "Why hasn't the lady come out of her room?" The cousin had been gone all day, but Brenna thought she was literally in the room. I thought that was hilarious.

No comments: