Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Talented Girl!


My little Brenna surprises me almost every day. I have been trying to show her how to play "Mary had a little lamb" for over a month. Once Dad took piano lessons from me, she decided I knew what I was doing. I showed her how to play it, and she picked it up quickly. Out of curiosity, I asked her where middle C was. She immediately hit the right note.
Then I asked her: "Brenna, can you play a G?"
She played a G.
"Brenna, can you find an A?"
She played an A.
I pulled out the Alfred Level A Lesson Book, flipped to a random song that had the note letters (C, D, E...not using the staffs yet). I asked her to try and play it. I had to show her which hand goes first, and she proceeded to play the entire song! She held the half notes, played the quarter notes correctly, I was AMAZED! She now asks for piano lessons every morning, and is still doing well! But I posted the video of her playing "Mary had a little lamb".

6 comments:

Daisha said...

wow! we have a piano, but I am always feel bad playing it since we are still in apts!
that's awesome that brenna just knew what to do.

Julie said...

Awesome! Way to go Brenna!! :)

Ashley Dickman said...

You don't mind teaching a little boy with A.D.D do you? qssx vcd6 speaking of little boy.. that is from Kaden to Brenna! Way to go Brenna!!!

Bray said...

I am not at all shocked that Brenna is talented.........Look at her mother!!! She is such a cutie pie. We need to get the girls together this week. Call me and we can arrange a time for Brenna to come over.

Robyn said...

She is very talented just like her mommy!!

Alona said...

So cool! It's in her blood!