A good friend, who was also a public school teacher for several years, told me her favorite Christmas gift was a homemade lunch. So with her initially idea, I came up with a letter which included a menu, several options for dates, and an explanation behind the Christmas gift. The menu options were:
Winter Siesta
Chips & Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Creamy Chicken Enchillada's
Tres Leches Cake
Home Grown Cookin'
Broccoli Salad
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Homemade Apple Pie
Tour de France
Zesty Citrus Salad
Chicken & Broccoli Crepes
Chocolate Mousse Triffle
I then provided several dates for them to choose when the lunch would be delivered (dates that were convenient for me also!). Cannon's teacher chose the Tour de France. And Brenna's teacher chose the Winter Siesta (as pictured below). Both were a HUGE hit! As I brought Brenna's teacher's in on this tray, and arranged it in the Teacher's "Workroom" (which was changed from "lounge", maybe to point out a teacher never "lounges"!) the other teachers in there seemed a little green with envy! And this project also forced me to learn how to make the Tres Leches cake, which was always very intimidating. BUT, it turned out fantastic! I think this is a great teacher Christmas gift tradition I will keep with!
3 comments:
Awesome
Awesome
What a great idea!
Post a Comment