Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What I always wanted


Growing up, we were not allowed to have a trampoline. My parents both worked in Emergency Rooms during their medical careers, and have seen WAY too many accidents to have a healthy perspective on recreational activities. We did not own a trampoline. We could not go sleding behind a car or 4-wheeler (which was common in our neighborhood). We still are banned from motorcycles. I still have the fear of my parent's wrath in me.


But I broke one of their rules. I gave my kids what I always wanted. A trampoline. Granted, it is a mini, that is only about a foot and a half off the ground. And is small enough in circumfrence to make any extreme behavior impossible. Hopefully! But the kids love it, and have been outside jumping almost every day, for hours at a time. They LOVE it! Therefore, by default, I love it too!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

now if we had a yard, we would have a trampoline!! we totally had one growing up and so did kelly. and while living at kelly's parents house daphne lived on the tramp. it's endless fun!

so yay for you! and your kids. :)

jeanine said...

I keep having a debate with myself over whether or not to get a trampoline! The problem out here in piedmont is that when the wind blows it seems like the trampolines blow too... I'm not okay with all that money just blowing away :)

Tanis said...

this is what i want!! Melia loves jumping on trampolines but the big ones scare me and our yard has low hanging wires that wont allow for one of those net things around it. i didn't know they had a size in between the little exercise jumper and a normal one!! im so excited to go and find one now!!

Rachel and Todd said...

That is so awesome. I love that it's a smaller than usual--perfect for them!

Tori Orgill said...

wow...i love the mini...we may have to look into that!