Concert started off on a high note, and kept you out of your seats the rest of the time! During his ballad section, him and his crew started throwing out long stem red roses. I HAD to get one. The poor guys throwing them, would aim at some lovely ladies...and they would without fail, float into the hands of some dudes! But I eventually got one!
Mr. Hammer, it is like 20 years haven't passed and you are back in your glory days!
At one point, he brought his entire entourage out into the crowd, and they were about 3 rows behind us! It was awesome!
Although we couldn't get a picture with MC, we got the next best thing, a picture with his sweaty back up dancers. I was so grateful I had Ryan's co-worker Alicia as my partner in crime! When you have someone to act a fool with, it is much easier!
Close to the close of the concert, his security and back stage detail started pulling people from the front row. Alicia and I made our way up there, and was soon placed in the holding pen to be herded up on stage to dance with MC Hammer! I was SO excited!!! There were about 20 of us, and after we made our way up to the stage, we saw the OKC Thunder Girls, looking rather irritated at center stage as well. I asked one, "Do you know what we're doing?" And she snarkily replied, "WE were supposed to dance..." Meaning, get off the stage and let us perform what we no doubt took time to choreograph and practice in preparation of dancing back up to a hip hop legend!!!!
Finally made it on stage!!!
Mr. Hammer, about the same instant that I touched him. It was a beautiful moment, where all of his funkness and get-down-ability was transferred into my being, and I am now an official hip hop dancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment