Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ward Halloween Party!

Here is our crew before our ward's Halloween Carnival and Trunk-Or-Treat. Brenna finally decided on being a cheerleader, and lucky for us, we had a costume!!! (Compliments of the Wendy Bushman family!) I insisted on Cannon being Nacho Libre, and I'm so glad that I did! Brooklyn was forced into a very darling cheer costume. (Complimenets of the Allyson Bushman family! I'd be in trouble if it wasn't for family!)

"Would you like to come to my room for some toast?"

I made most of Cannon's costume. We bought him a luchadore mask in Mexico, and his cape was part of another costume from, you guessed it, FAMILY! So all I needed were the tights with knee patches, underwear and mustache. Could NOT find plain, baby blue tights. So I bought white, and dyed them with food coloring and vinegar. It worked! Who knew!?!? And then afterwards, Ryan helped me sew on the knee patches. I also made a waist band, that had Nacho on it (to cover up the white waist band of the underwear). I thought it turned out pretty great!


And so did everyone at the party, including the costume judges! He won first place in the Kids Costume Contest!!!! I was so proud! And would you look at how he totally takes on the character in this picture! I love his brown eyes and chubby cheeks and pouty lips.

Brenna was VERY excited to be a cheerleader, which goes with her costume! And we also surprised her with an early birthday present of new "gym shoes" that would go with it. She has needed some, so it worked out and she was again, VERY excited to get something new! (Not just from the family!)

Brooklyn was a very adorable cheerleader. She loved walking around and seeing the booths and the costumes. Before this picture, she enjoyed a tootsie roll. She is such a fun and FUNNY little girl! I just love her.



Meet Canibal Jack-O-Lantern! They also had a pumpkin carving contest, and we wont 2nd! We looked a pictures online of AMAZING jack-o-lanterns, and Brenna picked this one! I thought it was very clever. Yay for 2nd place!

1 comment:

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Thank's for sharing your Halloween costumes with us....too cute...love you.