Cannon is getting his tonsils and adenoids removed tomorrow morning. The more I have talked with friends and read online accounts, the more benefits I see out of getting this done. I've read from many people that it helps behaviorally, because they are no longer sleep deprived. One friend said her daughter's hearing improved because her passageways could drain properly and were clear to hear. Unless Cannon is a well-behaved, attentive, mild mannered, great listener, young man after this surgery, I'M DEMANDING A REFUND! Really, we are doing this for his sleep. He snores, and wakes up repeatedly at night, and is not rested when he wakes up. If that can improve, then I will be a happy mom! He also has a sensitive gag reflex, which makes sense when you have golf balls at the back of your throat! I saw with my own eyes. His tonsils are touching. The medical community thinks that if they assign it a cute name like "Kissing Tonsils" the gross factor disappears. Not so. His poor crowded uvula is squished between two engorged tonsils, and needs some breathing room.
Anyway, so that is whats happening tomorrow. I have tried my best to prep him the best way I can. I took him to the store, and let him pick out his Popsicles and yogurt drinks, and pediasure. I took him to the library to pick out a few movies and books. We also got him special hospital pajama's, Buzz Lightyear, that he gets to wear there. I've also gone to the extent of showing him how I give myself shots (daily for the past week, vitamin b12 shots) to show him that needles aren't scary, they help give medicine to your body. And it doesn't hurt that he really likes his ENT who's performing the surgery, he's a close family friend. He will be pretty upset when he realizes that the hospital isn't a vacation, and what actually goes on there! But tonight, we wanted to get a video of him talking. We remember with both a niece and a nephew of ours, their voices changed a little after a tonsillectomy. And I love his deep (for a 3 year old) raspy voice. So, enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment