Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tuesday

We spent a great morning out on the deck by the pool, enjoying the sun, reading our books, and eating great food. One of my favorite parts of the entire trip happened accidentally:

I was in a room inquiring about one of the activities, where I met Jackie and Mike. They invited me and Ryan to a "Swing Dance" class that they were teaching. We were one of the first to arrive, but as everyone slowly arrived, we realized we were definitely the minority.... :) It was an absolutely BLAST! We learned what we called, the Soulfull Swing dance. We also learned some great line dances including the Wobble, and the Two Step.

We met a lot of great people, and did one of our favorite things in the world. Dance! After that, we would see them throughout the ship and they were super friendly and we were immediately adopted into their dance group, Just Swing.

Look at the gorgeously blue Gulf of Mexico. I couldn't wait to get off the boat and play in the ocean!

Tuesday night was the "elegant night". Which on Carnival which means, a shirt with sleeves and no cut-offs. Actually, I realized that many people (at least on our boat!) have two extremes in dress standards. It is either cut off jean shorts and tight tank tops with their muffin tops hanging out, OR extremely formal cocktail attire with glitter and super high heels. We were somewhere in the middle most days! I enjoyed getting all dressed up!

Thank goodness for a good deck of Phase 10 cards and a set of dice to keep us busy while waiting for the shows.
The Happy Couple at the "Extreme Country" showcase!


Here's the towel elephant!

2 comments:

Idaho Bushmans said...

glad you had a great time. talk to you soon.

Wendy said...

I wanted to get off the boat...


Eric