Saturday, May 15, 2010

Monday

Sunday, after a great Mother's Day meeting a Church, we brought the kids home, gave them a quick lunch, and got them down for naps. We quickly finished packing, loaded up the car, and was on the road! The silence was surprising during the car ride down! No kids to hand snacks to, no dirty diapers, no crying or yelling. Just peace and quiet, music and books, conversation and naps. And the ironic part is, we stopped more just us two than we do with the kids, but made it in quicker time! How does that work? I read, slept and had a great uninterrupted conversation with Ryan. I was feeling pretty guilty for having my mom and my sister travel all the way out to Oklahoma, spend a week watching my crazy kids! But Ryan assured me that all was great, and we needed this time for us, and I needed this time to relax. So I gave in, decided to be a little selfish, and take advantage of what has been given me.

We stayed with Ryan's cousins Sunday night. It was great fun, and YUMMY food! After a fun morning with Alona, we made our way to Galveston and got on the ship without any problems. And we are staying in the sae room as last year! M132. My first mission getting back on the ship:

Soft Serve Chocolate Icecream Cone!!!

We began the week long food gorge, and enjoyed the welcome show of cheesy music and dancing. We are so happy to have two other couples on board to party with us!

Honestly, I was so excited to head back to our room and just RELAX! And we had two towel seals waiting for us!


Is this bathrobe really, "One size fits all?" Although it swallowed me, I loved lounging in it. We read, fell asleep, and STAYED asleep untl 8:30am the next morning! We don't have any windows in our room, which was a HUGE blessing. The lack of sunlight allowed me to sleep until I was ready to wake up! And I couldn't believe it was at 8:30am. Cruise vacation off to a GREAT start!

No comments: