(Cozumel, Mexico)Even before I found out I was pregnant, I had been dropping hints about us needing a "without-the-kids" vacation. Anything, anywhere, anytime. Just take me away for relaxing, "us" time. In almost 7 years of marriage, the only trip we've had away from the kids was when we went on our Youth Conference trip for our Church to Nauvoo, Illinois. It was an amazing experience and I am grateful we went. But come on! That doesn't count! We barely slept, were surrounded by energetic teenagers, and slept in different rooms on different floors! I started researching cruises, asking an experienced cruiser sister-in-law her advice, and she was on board. I gave Ryan the information, and left it at that. Not really thinking he would actually move forward on it. We don't spend money. We have gotten used to not spending any money. So spending a chunk of money, no matter how great the deal, on a vacation seemed beyond him!
But a week ago, he got home from work and asked "Would you really want to go on the cruise?"
I said, "Of course!"
He said, "Good. We are!"
Baffled, I asked, "What about the kids?"
His response, "I've already got my mom to babysit."
I followed up with, "What about time off? Are you sure you can get time off?"
"I've already got it approved."
What?!? Who is this man? I don't care, but I love him! And it was such a good idea that Ryan's two brothers, and maybe his sister are also on board! I am SO excited! I have never traveled outside the country (unless you count the Canada side of Niagra Falls) or needed a passport (already have the paperwork in). I have only been to a beach once, when we stayed at Del Coronado on Coronado Island outside San Diego. But it was after El Nino, and so we spent a lot of time at the hotel's pool and not the beach. And I've never been on a cruise! Ryan has been doing a countdown, and we have 77 days till departure! We are departing out of Galveston, going on a 5 day cruise, porting at Progresso, Yucatan, Mexico and Cozumel, Mexico. While in Progresso, we are doing an excursion to visit the Mayan ruins. Here is the link. I can't express how excited I am, especially since this might be the last chance for a long, long, time we can get away. And I will be around 25 weeks along, hopefully past all of the sickness, but not too uncomfortable yet. At least I can hope! Thank you Ryan for taking charge! I can't wait!
8 comments:
What a sweet husband. Peter and I went on a cruise last year and I loved it. Cruising's the way to go. I'm so excited for you. You'll have a blast.
Congrats on baby number 3 that is so exciting you guys make such good parents. Have fun on the cruise enjoy a little RR for me too!
First of all, CONGRATS on your wonderful news of being pregnant. You are definitely one of those naturally great moms. As for the cruise, what an experience. I am so envious of you right now. Can't wait to hear how is goes! Have Fun!
NICE! We thought of squeezing in a cruise before baby #3 came along... but decided that we'll wait a year from now. You'll have to let us know how it is... we've never been on a cruise either!
I am so so so so happy for you. You deserve it.
You are going to have a blast! Donnie surprised me with a cruise in December of 2007. I was actually pregnant with Kenzie, but didn't know it at the time. It was amazing and so much fun. We went on the same cruise you are going on, so if you need any details let me know. We didn't go to the first port though. Cozumel is fun. The cruise is amazing and you will have so much fun. You deserve this "us" trip!
P.S. The ice cream on the cruise is so yummy. I think Donnie and I had 15 little cones a day. They are small and perfect for when you want something as you are laying out in the sun. :)
I hope you guys have a great time, you both deserve it.
Post a Comment