Thursday, February 26, 2009

Meet Cupcake

It is no secret I have wanted a dog for a very long time. It is also no secret Ryan does not like dogs. This is why I was shocked when he asked me one night before bed if I wanted a dog. This was so out of the blue! I hesitantly replied, "Of course". He then told me how a co-worker's Yorkie just had puppies, and is selling them at a good price (especially for pure-bred Yorkies). To his amazement, I didn't immediately jump for joy, I had to process this! I love dogs, but do I really want a brand new puppy right now? Is introducing a pet half-way through my pregnancy the right time? After a lot of thinking, I decided Ryan has given me the window of opportunity I have been waiting for, and it is the right dog for the right price. I have been warned that I will be hearing a lot of "I told you so's" from current dog owners, but I don't care! We've managed to keep this a secret from the ultimate puppy lover, Brenna, until last Friday. We decided to bring her and Cannon over to meet the puppies. She had no idea it was to meet her soon-to-be-pet! She was so excited, and immediately fell in love.

For Cannon, having 2 full grown dogs and 3 puppies chasing him around was over-stimulating! And he loved every second. He was constantly squealing, and would fall to the floor so the puppies could pounce on him, then roll over laughing heartily. Once we removed all the other animals, Brenna had some one-on-one bonding time with our puppy, which she named Cupcake. She was actually able to get it to fall asleep on her lap. Since then, we have had a Family Home Evening, reading more about Yorkies, and also about a big word, "Responsibility". We taught her how much work you have to do for a puppy, and she is responsible to help out. Next Monday, we will go buy everything we need. And Saturday, March 7, will be the big day to bring home our new dog.

We are crazy, aren't we?

10 comments:

Rachel and Todd said...

Cupcake's a lucky dog! And, cupcake (boy or girl?) doesn't look like a scary ravaging dog from Peru so that's a plus for Ryan. :)

Daisha said...

Ryan is very kind. Luckily Cole and I both are on the anti-pet side. Cupcake is very sweet looking. I hope your shoes survive the puppy stage. The kids will love it! Do you know if your baby is a boy or a girl yet?

Waggoner Family said...

How fun! I think Cupcake is adorable and I don't really like dogs either. I think having pets is important for children though! Congrats! Call me I want to talk!

Kelly said...

Cute little dog! Sarah! I had no idea you are pregnant! Congrats! It's fun to see what you are up to. Keep in touch!

Tori Orgill said...

Yea!! Welcome to the pet owner world! Just know that the baby in your tummy has now become your 4th child!! It is soooo much fun!

Johnson Family said...

Yes you are crazy but that is a cute dog and I am sure your kids will love it.

Rachelle said...

oh how cute sarah! have fun with that one!!

Idaho Bushmans said...

He is cute, have fun cleaning up the poop of two babies and one on the way. Yeah

Bray said...

Very cute name. You are a better woman than me...I just can't fathom having one more living, love needing, mess making, sometimes skinky, albeit cute thing to care for. Whew! You will be a great dog mommy. Me, not so much.

Wendy said...

So is the dog dead yet?

;-)