Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's too early!



It is only February! We shouldn't be seeing any tornado's until late March or April. The weatherman, who holds the most trusted position in Oklahoma, said it has been 40 years since a tornado in February. Anyway, one came tearing through Edmond, Oklahoma yesterday, leaving over a dozen homes destroyed. Ryan was home sick with strep throat, so we watched as a family the weather reports religiously, depending on if we had power, which came and went. It was very eery to feel the skies get dark, hear hail and rain pound your windows, and then the tornado sirens blaring. I spent some time on our deck in our backyard watching the wall cloud pass over. Our neighborhood didn't suffer any damage, but one about a mile away - across the road from my sister-in-laws house, was hit. And it's trail crossed through several neighborhoods, destroying homes, uprooting trees and downing power-lines. We've had probably 2 other tornado's this close, but didn't cause this much damage. But we are fine, thank goodness!

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I am so glad to hear that you guys are safe I was just watching the news and it was talking about the tornado so I got right on your blog to make sure you guys were alright thanks for updating so fast so I didn't have to worry. i don't know how you do it I would not be able to handle tornados they freak me out. Hope Bushman feels better soon and glad your all safe.

The Eberhardts said...

i didn't like that storm one bit. not one bit at all!

Yates Family said...

That is so scray! I am glad you are all right! We got the winds after words here in Ohio but I can't even imagine how crazy it was there! Our thoughtsare with you and you friends there! Love ya