Ever since he could walk, if you put a ball at his feet he would kick it. Now, it doesn't even have to be a ball! His bottle, brushes, toys, books, if they are on the floor, they will be kicked! After he kicks the ball especially hard or far, he throws his hands in the air and yells "Ohhh!" Ryan thinks it sounds like the latin "GOL!!!"
It is so fulfilling to see their personalities develop. Sure, we encourage Brenna in piano (my interest) and Cannon in soccer (Ryan's obsession and now my interest). Yet, there is something special when they seem to genuinely be excited about something. Lately I have paid more attention to their strengths. Brenna is extremely creative and has an incredible memory. She sounds out words some junior high kids would miss spell! And she is very aware of people's needs, and is always willing to help. Cannon is the happiest boy I have ever seen. He loves to make people laugh, and smiles at everyone. Even as I'm laying him down for his nap (which is going better, by the way) he flashes me his 6 underbiting teeth, and his chubby cheeks almost squishing his eyes closed. He is also aware of when his sister is sad. If Brenna is in tears (which is a daily occurance), he runs to her with his arms out smacking his lips. It is too sweet! I love my kids!
2 comments:
CUTE! Cannon's a little man. I love it!
I challenge Canon to a 1-on-1 match. I'll whup 'im!
Seriously, that's a great clip! He has good balance!
And I love the misspelled word in the blog - that's hilarious! Intentional, right?
Post a Comment