Although, being apart of "Team Beck" must bring some sort of social status, right? Especially if you have an official shirt. (Funny side story: While we were standing in line, these helpful young men were giving us the in's-and-out's of getting signed books from Mr. Glenn Beck. A lady ahead of us in line asked if she could have his shirt, but then said "Wait, it looks like you have a perspiration problem! Nevermind!" It was too funy! They are probably wishing these backwards Oklahoman's wouldn't insult them!)
I waited in a long line, which looped and twisted through the Edmond Wal-Mart Super Center here in Edmond. Thank goodness I had the Brays for line buddies; Brenna, Ava and Cannon snacking on McDonalds. All just to meet...Doesn't he look all warm and fuzzy? Me and my line buddies were commenting on how exhausting it must be shaking hundreds of strangers hands and have to be genuinely friendly with all of them. I can't imagine how draining it must be. And he did seem genuine. Exhausted, but genuine. And by the look of his face, it might appear that I am saying something witty and memorable. Nope. I think I squeaked out "It is a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for what you do....Um...." And I moved on.
After getting out of the line, I decided I wanted to pass along a note to one of his staff, Joe, about my political blog. So I stood there and talked with him for a few minutes. Very nice guy. And I did give him a note with the web address and my name. After, he asked if I was going to the Christmas Sweater stage show, and I said I didn't have tickets. He offered me two free tickets!!! I accepted, full well knowing tonight is Ryan's company party which he would not miss. I figured, if we can't make it, someone will want to go! I offered it to my line buddies, and they are likely going. How cool would that have been? I will dream to night that this could have been a great networking opportunity for my inexperienced and unprofessional hobby. It was my big break. I plan on keeping in touch with Joe, but it would have been great to see Glenn Beck perform live. I will not complain though, because Ryan has a great job that actually does nice 'holiday parties'!


8 comments:
Glad you got your book! I'm sure the guy is someone famous, he looks very familiar! : ) Have fun at your party.
You met Glen Beck!? Josh and I both love him. We pretty listen to his radio show just about everyday.
I never realized you had another blog. I checked it out. You are such a smart women.
We LOVE Glenn Beck...we just saw him here in Utah doing the Christmas Sweater... I wish you could've gone, the show was amazing!
I wish I had known about him coming. I didn't hear about it until the day of and we were already busy! Dang! So glad that you got to meet him... and FREE TICKETS! Lucky!
That's such a cool experience. And, by the way, Brenna's prayers worked. I'm basking in a winter wonderland!! Thanks!
Thanks for blogging! Hugs, Grandma Gene
I am so unbelieveably jealous right now!!! I am getting that book for Christmas and I would die to meet him in person!! Yahoo for Glen Beck!!
Post a Comment