
Yes, my husband is amazing. He comfortably and effortlessly sat amongst screaming teenage girls and moms to watch a vampire romance movie. And enjoyed it! And I loved it! I went in with no expectations, put the freshly re-read book out of my mind, and just enjoyed. It is a different style movie, more artsy, Sundancey, gritty, almost 70's-ish cinematography. I loved the soundtrack, which played into the theme. It was cast extremely well, with the exception of Rosalie. The high school scene played true, the actors of Mike, Jessica, Angela, and Eric were actually the age of teenagers and were very high school. Which added a great comical element. Edward and Bella were great, (amazing chemistry, which is what it is all about!) there were a few awkward acting moments, but considering their characters are very awkward, it seemed to fit. All of the Cullen's were awesome, especially Alice and Carlisle. I absolutely loved Charlie, much more fit than I pictured, but he was the perfect awkward father of a teenager in love. And Jacob, although his role is small in this movie, his performance actually made me like Jacob more than I did in reading. Very interesting.
Tell me what you thought!
4 comments:
I felt like the first 1/3 of the movie looked really low budget, had shotty camera work, and bad acting and then all of a sudden everything started to get better. It was weird...
I really wish they had picked someone different for the part of Edward. The guy did a terrible job of conveying what he was feeling. His facial expressions were way off and painful to watch!
I thought the action scenes were well done!
All that being said, I still kinda liked it. Adam and I are hoping that with all the money they make on Twilight, that the next installment will be of better quality.
I haven't seen it yet but I hope to soon, though I don't think Tyler will go with me, even though he's read most of the books! :)
It's interesting to hear your thoughts on it!
Can't wait to see you guys!
Whitney
I was disappointed! I think they screwed up the meadow scene, Jasper looked constipated the whole time, Jacob was in it too much, they should have played up the Cullens abilities better, the actions scenes were lame, when Edward comes out in the light it looked like her was sweating not sparkling.
But all in all it wasn't that bad. What else can you do with a low budget! I PRAY that the next movies are better!! Stephenie did sell the right of book 2 and 3 so we know its coming!
hmmmm....well here's the thing. i really liked the movie because i really liked the book. i do think there were parts that were cheesy/bad acting/whatever you want to call it. BUT, i did love a lot of the movie as well.
i think i'll see it again!
Post a Comment