Monday, November 17, 2008

And my husband is a child...

No, this is not a picture from last year. This is today. And no, you are not seeing things. That is our Christmas tree. And our stockings. And our lights. And our ornaments. And our Christmas pillows, and snowman.
Ryan is a child when it comes time for Christmas. He would rather spend money on Christmas decorations than on presents. He loves snow. And Santa. And the manger scene. And lights. And egg nog (yuck!). He has actually been begging me to get the Christmas decor out since November 1st. I was able to hold him off until he recruited the ultimate begger, Brenna. Her puppy dog eyes and innocence made me vulnerable. He plays dirty. So yesterday after Church, he pulled out everything, and put it all up. So far we have 2 broken ornaments and pinecone pieces on our floor. One word: Cannon. This is going to be a long few weeks trying to keep Cannon's chubby hands from grabbing everything shiny and new. I don't mean to sound 'Grinchy', I love Christmas. Just when it 'tis the Season'!

4 comments:

danette said...

How fun. My kids keep asking when am I going to take the halloween decorations down.

Daisha said...

Well it all looks very nice! It's hard when you baby hands picking at it all day too! I must say I'm getting pretty excited, probaly because I got a few new ornaments and made a couple things!

Ashley Dickman said...

be grateful! it could be the other way around where your husband dreads getting the stuff out and up and you are the one begging!

merry christmas and happy new year! :)

Waggoner Family said...

Merry Christmas! I love your decorations!