Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Brenna Boo

Today is Brenna's 5th Birthday. I will be updating you on her Birthday weekend next post. But in one, I wanted to list 5 reasons I love Brenna.
  1. She is very thoughtful. She loves making cards for people who are sick, or remembers someone who was missing from her school or church class. She volunteers to help make cookies for her neighbor who is having a hard time, or draw a 'smiley card' for a friend who was sad.
  2. She is a genius! She absorbs absolutely everything. In church last Sunday, she was writing notes and sounded out Novembr and Octobr (that is how she spelled it!) It amazes me how many details she remembers, or people's names. She tries to sound out everything and is reading small words. She also loves figuring out math problems (2+2=4).
  3. She is overly generous. Everytime a friend comes to play, they leave with something of Brenna's. One friend left with almost $8 in cash from Brenna's piggy bank, one almost left with her her favorite My Little Pony. She just offered me one of her birthday presents, and said I could keep it for 2 days.
  4. She loves to socialize. Every day she asks me where we are going, who she can have play dates with. And even if I list of a packed day like this: going to the bank, then the library, then meeting your cousin at the park, having lunch at home, playing with friends during piano lessons, etc; she will ask: Well who are we going to have dinner with? She is a busy body, and wants to fill her day to the max. I know I am the only one to blame here! She also is constantly planning parties, making invitations, preparing games, etc.
  5. She is sensitive to the Spirit. She absolutely loves Family Home Evening, and will not go to bed without family prayers or scripture study. She loves singing Primary Songs, and watching Church movies. She knows so much doctrine already, and most importantly knows when to be reverent.

I love Brenna, and I can't believe she is already 5! Time flies way too fast.

Happy Birthday Brenna!

3 comments:

Tori Orgill said...

Happy Birthday Brenna!! We love you!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Brenna! I can't believe you are 5!!! Hope you had a happy day! We love you!!!

Brooke said...

I can't believe you have a 5 year old!!! Ahhh! Your kids are darling by the way!