There has been a major push from the Oklahoma City Thunder fans to get the support from Ellen Degeneres! Supposedly, if Ellen Degeneres supports your NBA team, they go all the way winning the Championship title! So, of course we'd love that kind of endorsement! It all started when
Kristin Chenowith, who is originially from Oklahoma, showered Ellen with Thunder gear and gave her floor seats to any game she can make it to. (
Video Here) So we are trying to convince Ellen to hop on a plane and support the Thunder!

There has been a facebook page solely dedicated to this effort, and they put on a "flash mob" or extremely LARGE group dance, to film and send to Ellen! Dancing, and supporting the Thunder? I'm there! It was a BLAST! We had the Thunder Girls there to teach us a dance, I think 5-6 eight counts!

The local news was there covering the event, and I couldn't help getting a picture with Anita Blanton and Sarah Libby! They are local celebrities, and very nice I might add!

Here is the famous finger that got this all started!

The emcee's were local DJ's for KJ103, and they did a great job. At one point, they pulled a very preppy looking guy (wearing a grey and cream cardigan) up on stage to show of the "booty pop" section of the dance! It was hilarious, and he was very embarrassed.

There were several "Ellen Masks" througout the crowd! I didn't go that far, but I did make a Thunder T-shirt (which I was in need of some Thunder-wear!) and it has the subtitle of "Dancing Queen". I had so much fun!
They haven't released the "official video" yet, but I will link that to this post when they do! But the news and newspapers were there so here are a few links of pics that I could spot myself in!
Here. And Here. And Here.
And HERE is the video (not sure if it "the official video") of the crazy dancing crowd!
No comments:
Post a Comment