Friday, May 20, 2011

OKC Rise Together




Last night, the Thunder beat the Dallas Mavericks! During most of the game, and the entire night after, the OKC area had a MAJOR thunder storm! We received the much needed rain, but the sound of Thunder was heard loud and clear throughout the entire night! It was fantastic! The Thunder will have their first home game in the Western Conference Finals tomorrow night. We hope to go down town to Thunder Alley (next to the arena) and participate in the festivities with the kids! But, today I found this video on a Facebook Thunder fan page, and thought it was a perfect depiction of OKC and the Thunder. OKC (and the surrounding areas) are an extremely close-knit community and treat everyone like family, especially our Thunder players. I never realized that the Thunder tag line of "Rise Together" was a nod to the Oklahoma City Bombing. What a great spirit the Thunder have brought! From all those I know who have met Durant, and Westbrooke, and Ibaka, and other members of the team have said how humble, and selfless they are. Go THUNDER!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I didn't know that whole story either. What a touching video....