Dear Supernanny, a.k.a. Jo Frost:I am not one who solicites parenting advice. I especially avoid advice given from any tv show. And no offense, I have only caught a few of your shows over the past few years. However, what we have seen has actually worked for our two kids!
First up was the "naughty corner". We started this with our oldest when she was around 2 years old. It has worked wonders, and we still use it to diffuse temper tantrums. And now our little guy who is a couple months shy of being 2 years old will walk himself to the corner if he thinks he is in trouble.
And our latest applied Supernanny technique is how to handle a bad bedtime. This past Saturday, we moved Cannon into his very own Big Boy Bed. First night we used your method. We did our typical routine, put Cannon in his new bed, and walked out. Of course within seconds he followed us out. We put him back in without saying anything, and I took the stoic position sitting on the floor imbetween the bed and the door. He climbed out about 7-8 times, each time I would put him back in without saying anything. He cried, and climbed, and talked, but stayed in. I slowly scooted towards the door, but the entire process took about an hour. Sunday night was Ryan's turn. We got the process down to a half an hour. And tonight, he didn't try to get out of bed and we were done in about 10 minutes! Wooo-Hooooo!!!
So I guess what I'm trying to say is, it can be valuable to take other's advice. I guess I've learned my lesson!
Thank you!
Sarah B.
4 comments:
Way to listen Sarah!! I LOVE the Super Nanny! I don't take all her techniques to heart but I think she is good at what she does!
Way to stay strong with Cannon...I don't know if I could do that...
awesome! I haven't watched Supernanny in a while but she does have a few good ideas!
I'll keep that in mind when I'm switching Henry to a big-boy bed!
I love that show! By the way, I just noticed what you're naming your little girl! What a cute name! :)
Post a Comment