Brenna and I had our 6 month dental check up last week. My check up went great! No cavities and no gum issues (which I typically have while I'm pregnant). Brenna, on the other hand, had two cavities. One you could see just by looking in her mouth. Pretty pathetic parents, not noticing a huge whole in your kids tooth! Anyhoo, her Uncle Mike, aka Dr. Hansen, scheduled her filling. I was probably more nervous than she was, especially when I saw him leaning over her with the huge needle! But she did amazing! The only time she squirmed was when the needle actually went in, but that was it! Thank goodness they had a tv mounted on the wall so she could concentrate on a show, rather than needles and metal hooks hanging out of her mouth. What is even funnier about Brenna, is what happened while we were prepping her the night before. If she knows what to expect, she always does really well with anything. So we were walking her through what they will do. Her dad showed her all of his many teeth that have fillings, several of them still silver. She looked concerned and asked, "Do mine have to be silver, or can I get white?" How funny that our 5 year old was worried about what color her filling would be! But everything went well, and she doesn't seem too upset we will have to take her back to get the other cavity fixed next week.
Friday, June 26, 2009
First Cavity
Brenna and I had our 6 month dental check up last week. My check up went great! No cavities and no gum issues (which I typically have while I'm pregnant). Brenna, on the other hand, had two cavities. One you could see just by looking in her mouth. Pretty pathetic parents, not noticing a huge whole in your kids tooth! Anyhoo, her Uncle Mike, aka Dr. Hansen, scheduled her filling. I was probably more nervous than she was, especially when I saw him leaning over her with the huge needle! But she did amazing! The only time she squirmed was when the needle actually went in, but that was it! Thank goodness they had a tv mounted on the wall so she could concentrate on a show, rather than needles and metal hooks hanging out of her mouth. What is even funnier about Brenna, is what happened while we were prepping her the night before. If she knows what to expect, she always does really well with anything. So we were walking her through what they will do. Her dad showed her all of his many teeth that have fillings, several of them still silver. She looked concerned and asked, "Do mine have to be silver, or can I get white?" How funny that our 5 year old was worried about what color her filling would be! But everything went well, and she doesn't seem too upset we will have to take her back to get the other cavity fixed next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment