Monday, June 1, 2009

Saturday is a special day

Saturday is a special day. We have taken full advantage of the past few Saturdays to complete many, many, projects. First on the list was the fence. You saw it previously, after the windstorm, with several panels fallen over. Ryan singlehandedly tore down the fence, and put up this new one!
I am amazed at how much he can do on his own. Sure, I brought him ice water and held a few things in place while he screwed the panel to the post. But, I am not in a fence-building state! I am in a "fragile" state! Ryan is just too cheap to pay for someone else to do something he can do himself. And he does it so well!
Project #2: Bunk Beds. With our little girl coming soon, we needed to get the kids situated and settled. I didn't think we would accomplish it already! But this past Saturday, we painted and put together the kids bunk beds. Brenna had had the bottom bunk bed as her bed frame, so we really just needed to do Cannon's. The kids were so excited to see it all put together, we decied to put Cannon in his "big boy bed" Saturday night. (I will post about this experience later!)

Project #3: ORGANIZATION!!! Yes, I am nesting. And my home, hubby and kids love it! We have gone through all of our closets, gotten rid of A LOT, and sorted and organized what was left. One project Ryan came up with, was moving our computer to a location where Brenna could use it. We needed more room in our bedroom, and want to get rid of our big desk. And since we have gotten our laptop, we didn't need our bigger computer. Anyway, Brenna's room didn't need more things. And we have a lot of closet space, so we took more advantage of it!

We created a little home office for Brenna. It is in our hall game closet. There is a light inside, and Brenna can just close the door and play on the computer. (She loves playing on Microsoft Word. Funny, I know!)

I am soooooo grateful I have a husband that will work beside me to accomplish all of these projects. It would take me three times as long, and I don't have the energy or physical strength (or emotional!) to get it all done. And what was funny to watch this past Project Saturday was how different our strengths are. He is an amazing problem solver. He works extremely efficiently, simplifies everything to a science. I love the details. I want things done perfectly, and won't stop until everything is absolutely done. We were the perfect team! And I love the quality time we get while we work.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love Brenna's office. What a cute idea!

smithsmiles said...

Busy, busy, busy, guess you have to hurry and get it done before the new little one comes. I can't wait to see how Cannon does in a big bed. Considered moving Brayden and then decided I'm not going to mess with the good thing we have going at bed time!

Tori Orgill said...

now come and do my projects!!

Rachel and Todd said...

Wow, that fence is amazing. Hey, maybe he could start his own fencing business on the side! It's that good!