First Official Day of Summer

I love summer! Today was the first day I didn't have to take Brenna to school at 8:15am. It threw Cannon off. For the first part of the morning, he kept saying "Car. Car. Please." He is used to waking up and going straight into the car. I love not having anything scheduled or set-in-stone. We can make our own schedules. And today, we were invited to go swimming and have lunch with a few of Brenna's classmates and good friends. It was so much fun, and the kids were awesome! Brenna is beyond the fearful of swimming stage, although she needs her floatie ring. And Cannon is a crazy man. First off, his outfit was hilarious. It looks like a wrestling spandex uniform with built in muscles. And his chubby thighs bulging out were so funny. But thank goodness for that built in life jacket. Cannon was a pro! He was jumping off the edge of the pool, figured out how to stay upright, and loved every second he was in the water! He was watching the big boys do tricks, or play with squirt bottles, and wanted to do the same. I loved watching him have the time of his life, and see Brenna grow into her swimming-self. She is definitely confident in what she's comfortable with, and content. Thank you for letting us enjoy our first day of summer by the pool! It was perfect!
3 comments:
Yay for summer we went swimming today too itsn't it just the best way to have it feel like summer?
He looks so dang cute in his little swimming outfit!
I LOVE summer, too. It reminds me of our young days when we used to wear our swimsuits all day long.
Post a Comment