On our way home from Church today, Brenna kept arguing with us. After about 5 minutes of going back and forth, we had informed her she was going to have to go to the corner when we got home. She responded, "I wish I didn't have to go to the corner". I came back in a rebuttle, "I wish I had a daughter who didn't argue with everything I said". Her quick yet hopeful reply was, "Someday you will Mom. Someday you will have another girl, and she will be the daughter who doesn't argue." Ryan and I were silently shaking, trying not to let her know how funny she was! And I asked, "Well, what about you? I wish you were that daughter." And she said, "Sorry. It's not going to be me." And for once in this car ride home, I knew she was right, and I gave in. Sunday, March 30, 2008
Someday you will
On our way home from Church today, Brenna kept arguing with us. After about 5 minutes of going back and forth, we had informed her she was going to have to go to the corner when we got home. She responded, "I wish I didn't have to go to the corner". I came back in a rebuttle, "I wish I had a daughter who didn't argue with everything I said". Her quick yet hopeful reply was, "Someday you will Mom. Someday you will have another girl, and she will be the daughter who doesn't argue." Ryan and I were silently shaking, trying not to let her know how funny she was! And I asked, "Well, what about you? I wish you were that daughter." And she said, "Sorry. It's not going to be me." And for once in this car ride home, I knew she was right, and I gave in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
so funny . . . she sounds about as stubborn as Macie is!
That's hilarious! She's a quick one! :)
Thanks for my morning chuckle....I love Brenna! That was a great activity that she was able to participate in. She is blessed with the best parents ever.
that is too funny. i cant wait til my little girl says witty little things like that and I have to stifle my laughter!!
So so funny!
She sounds like a hoot I want to meet her!
Oh I can hear her saying that... that's too funny!! :)
Post a Comment