And NO, it was not that big! (I couldn't get a picture for last nights, but I will add some when they are available!) Last night around 2am, our printer in our bedroom started re-aligning, like it had just been turned on. When I woke up to that, I realized that our power just came back on. I then realized the tornado sirens were going and it was windy and hailing outside. I turned on our tv, and saw our satellite was down. I waited about 5 seconds, and when the image came on, there was a huge red map of the square mile we live on, with a funnel image going across it! And the weather guy kept repeating, "If you are near Danforth and Kelly, get in your storm shelters or in the center of your house..." I ran to the bedroom and told Ryan, "They told us we should be in storm shelters..." (Doesn't make sense, but I couldn't think straight). He slowly got up (too slow for me!) and came and watched the weather for about 30 seconds. It was moving North West, and the winds outside died down. He went back to bed, but now I couldn't sleep! They soon showed footage of where it touched down (about 2 miles away, tore off 2-3 roofs, downed powerlines, etc). No one was injured, and only minor damage. But they also reported we are getting more severe weather on Wednesday. Hopefully it will skip over us again! Crazy OKLAHOMA! Monday, March 31, 2008
Tornado in Edmond
And NO, it was not that big! (I couldn't get a picture for last nights, but I will add some when they are available!) Last night around 2am, our printer in our bedroom started re-aligning, like it had just been turned on. When I woke up to that, I realized that our power just came back on. I then realized the tornado sirens were going and it was windy and hailing outside. I turned on our tv, and saw our satellite was down. I waited about 5 seconds, and when the image came on, there was a huge red map of the square mile we live on, with a funnel image going across it! And the weather guy kept repeating, "If you are near Danforth and Kelly, get in your storm shelters or in the center of your house..." I ran to the bedroom and told Ryan, "They told us we should be in storm shelters..." (Doesn't make sense, but I couldn't think straight). He slowly got up (too slow for me!) and came and watched the weather for about 30 seconds. It was moving North West, and the winds outside died down. He went back to bed, but now I couldn't sleep! They soon showed footage of where it touched down (about 2 miles away, tore off 2-3 roofs, downed powerlines, etc). No one was injured, and only minor damage. But they also reported we are getting more severe weather on Wednesday. Hopefully it will skip over us again! Crazy OKLAHOMA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you guys are safe.That is so scary.
Holy Cow That is so scary. I'm glad you guys are ok and that the weather won't get worse.
Post a Comment