Sunday, March 30, 2008

Primary Activity Boarding Now!

We had our first Primary activity for the year yesterday, and I am very relieved it is over! It went GREAT! The theme was "Children around the World". The invitations looked like Boarding Passes, inviting them to travel from country to country, learning about different languages, food and culture, without leaving the Church! When they arrived, they had to first go through our...
METAL DETECTOR! We had way too much fun with this concept! Then a "TSA Agent" checked for any liquids or firearms! We had a full staff with 2 TSA agents, a Security Guard, and 2 Flight Attendents. (And an unhappy Cannon. It was nap time, and he lasted as long as he could!)
Several people from our ward, prepared a room and about a 10 minute lesson about a separate country. We had Japan, Holland, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Ukraine and France. Here is our Bishop preparing Japan. He even had each of the kids names written out in Japanese characters for them. It was amazing!
They even provided little treats from each country. Here's Puerto Rico. We had passports for each of the kids to get a sticker from each country. It couldn't have gone any better! We even had a grouchy KGB, who had to "check their papers!" before entering his country!
After they traveled around the world, we have pizza and drinks for them. We decorated with sets of luggage, with bouquets of balloons attached (Thank you Dickman's for picking those up for us!). Anyway, I have the BEST presidency, especially my good friend Cherie who orchestrated this whole activity. All credit goes to them! I honestly think this should be an anual activity, with different countries each time!

4 comments:

Bray said...

Everyone I talked to said it was amazing. You are doing such a great job as president. It was meant to be!!

Wendy said...

Looks fun! The kids are lucky to have such a fun president.

jeanine said...

Oh my goodness! You are awesome! Our ward would NEVER do something so cool... I'm jealous!

Johnson Family said...

You are so creative and talented. I bet you do an amazing job I wish you were our primary president. Maybe then I wouldn't be nursery leader!:)